Thursday, July 18, 2013

"How To Succeed In Business" Prop Photos


A few weeks ago, I was asked by Sunset Playhouse in Elm Grove, WI to take headshots of one of the main actors in their summer production of "How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" and create mock magazine covers which replicated real covers from the 1960's.  These covers were to be used as props for the show which is set in a 60's advertising agency (a lot like Mad Men except with songs).

I had to do a little research online to find out what Time, Newsweek and Sports Illustrated covers looked like in the mid-1960's, but once I did, I was able to recreate the covers easily in Photoshop.


My personal favorite is the Sports Illustrated one below.  I just watched the musical last night to take performance photos for the show's reviews, and I think my photos turned out great.  They blew up the photos and used them as presentation boards the main character uses in his campaign.


I will post photos from the show in the coming weeks.  What I can tell you is the show is very fun - great acting, catchy songs, and one of the most fabulous scenery I've seen in a stage musical.  For tickets and information, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment